Thursday, March 08, 2007

Dude This Sucks

I was reading a local parent magazine when I came across an ad for our local JCC (Jewish Community Center) Child Development Center. We've been wanting to get Hannah into a Jewish preschool if we can and I thought that this might be perfect. They're NAEYC accredited and close. I figured that I'd probably forget to call today, so I decided to leave a message last night. I get a call today and talk for a while with the lady.

She describes the program to me...5 days a week (I really wanted 3) and you cannot do less. The program runs from 9am to 1pm, unless I need full time care (which I don't) and then they run from 7am to 6pm. They do all of the requisite reading, writing, etc as well as Shabbat services on Friday and I think she said a Havdalah (is that right?) service on Monday. And they still have spots open for Hannah's age.

Okay, so what I really want to know is how much does it cost? Are you ready? $490 PER MONTH!!!! Oh, and you have to be a member of the JCC at a cost of $95 PER MONTH. SERIOUSLY?!? Seriously. $585 a month to send Hannah to preschool. That's $5265 for the nine month school year. Umm...I think I need to check out some other schools.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow!! Mary Rose goes 3 days a week from 9-11:30 and it costs $73/month. Wow. Ouch.

Barbara said...

I almost dropped the phone when she said that. I was expecting around $100 per month. INSANE!!!