Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Going To The Dentist

I'm getting the kids ready for school this morning when the phone rings. 7:30am and the phone is ringing. The only person who calls that early in the morning is Mike to tell me he's left his cell phone at home, can I bring it after I drop the boys off at school? I answer the phone and a female voice greets me...
Her: Barbara?
Me: Yes?
Her: This is so and so from Dr. F's office. Sorry to call so early.
Me: That's okay (I'm thinking it's really early for them to be making a confirmation call - Jacob has a dentist appointment tomorrow)
Her: I have a couple of cancellations this afternoon and was wondering if you'd like to bring Daniel and Hannah in for their checkups today instead of next month.
Me: Absolutely!

So, those two had their first check ups at their new dentist. This place is A LOT like their old dentist. Fish everywhere...lots of great toys...friendly staff. Poor Daniel was freaked out. He didn't want to let the hygenist even count his teeth. How they got x-rays out of him, I'll never know. Hannah did awesome. She was loving every minute of it and even came home and I was her patient. "Open mouth...what kind of paste you want? I got bubble gum or strawberry." LOL!

Anyhoo...Hannah's teeth look good. No problems. Daniel, on the other hand, has five cavities. They're small, but there. They're going to fill them up and seal up the teeth. Since Jacob's had his sealants, his teeth have been good, so hopefully we'll have the same luck with Daniel.

They also did this thing called Toothprints. They had them bite on a warmed piece of clay and placed it in a special bag for me. It left an upper and lower toothprint for me to take home. Basically, it's a way for us to have dental records and DNA if ever needed. Apparently, it also leaves a smell that tracking dogs can trace. Hopefully, we never need it but it's kind of cool to have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL, Barb, we just got back from the dentist. It was Mary Rose's first visit. She did well and doesn't have any cavities. She didn't have a cleaning or flouride today we will do that in six months. Emma had her appointment on Tuesday and has one small cavity.