Friday, February 09, 2007

This Has Me More Than Worried...

I was all good with last night's episode...well, as good as I can be with poor Mer treading water for the next week...until I read the Writer's Blog on the GA website. The queen goddess, Shonda Rhimes...creator of the show and master writer wrote last night's episode, as well as the next two. Shonda never gives anything away - she is the queen of secrecy, but I have to say what she wrote in her blog has me more than concerned (especially the parts I have bolded - when she says 'Shoots With Script,' she's referring to the director, Rob Corn, who she usually refers to as 'Bossy McBossy')...

Ferry boats are a metaphor for Meredith, you know.

What I was interested in was Meredith and how she was doing after being hurt by her mother. And the devastation of the ferry boat was the best way to physicalize Meredith’s pain.

The little girl? She’s also a metaphor for Mer. A motherless lost girl who can’t speak for herself and disappears? Okay, that’s too obvious. But you all know Meredith’s been doing a dance with death for some time. Y’all know that if you’ve been watching. She’s dark, our girl. She’s dark and twisty. And I worry about her.

Now, I’m really worried about her because she’s in the water and I want to be clear with you: I don’t put people in the water for no reason. Meredith’s got issues, she’s got serious Mommy issues and she’s broken and she’s in the water.

I killed Denny. I blew up Dylan.

I’m not entirely playing by the rules of TV here.

There’s a point. And it’s coming. Shoots With A Script and I have our fingers and toes crossed that it works.

Because what happens next…well, just wait and see…


Here is the link to the rest of Shonda's blog.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Oh, come on...you know you like the gratuitous, smoochy-smoochy sex in this show!!! LOL!

the Joneses said...

Oh, she's just trying to make sure you'll watch the next episode, is all! :)

-- SJ

Barbara said...

LOL, Sara! Did you watch this week's episode? Am I getting you hooked? :)

the Joneses said...

I don't have T.V., remember? And I certainly wouldn't check your blog to see what happens or anything. How stupid would that be?

-- SJ