Saturday, February 10, 2007

Happy Saturday!

I love Saturdays because Mike usually lets me sleep in. I woke up this morning to the phone ringing...another RSVP to Daniel's birthday party. Yay! So far, we've gotten 4 RSVP's (3 yes and 1 no) with 4 days left to go. We're going to do the Chuck E Cheese's thing again, since I really hate having parties at the house. Too much work. It's so nice to be able to walk away from the mess.

It's hard to believe Daniel's going to be 6 this Friday. Where has the time gone? Jacob and Hannah's birthdays don't bother me, but for some reason, Daniel's do. He's my peanut boy and he's not supposed to grow up. It's killing me.

I overheard a conversation yesterday between Daniel and Hannah at lunch. They were talking about how Daniel was older than Hannah...

D: I'm older than you and that means I'm bigger.
H: Yeah, but that's okay.
D: But don't worry. That means you are going to be the last to die
H: What?
D: After Mom and Dad and Jacob and Me die, you will still be alive.
H: Oh
D: But don't worry. That's not going to be for 125 thousand years!
H: Yeah!

Daniel's class had a music program yesterday afternoon. It screwed up my schedule because Daniel had afternoon kindergarten instead of morning kindergarten. It was funny to see a lot of us confused about how to drop our kids off. We're all standing around asking each other over and over if we just let them go in or what. Daniel didn't really sing but he was awfully cute standing up there. I just wish they hadn't scheduled this thing to end right when school got out...total chaos. Oh well.

Since the move, Guillermo's packed on a few pounds. He's just not going outside as much here as he did in VA. I think it's just been too cold for him. I wonder if he'll be going out more once it warms up.

Speaking of the cold...I took the dog out this afternoon and was almost hot in my coat. I seriously thought that it had to be in the 50's...turns out, it's 25 degrees! LOL! How cold has it been that wearing a coat outside in 25 degree weather has me sweating?!? I wonder if they are still calling for snow this weekend. They said the other night that the snow would be off and on this weekend and then start up again Sunday night and end on Tuesday. I guess we'll have to see what happens.

No comments: