Friday, February 02, 2007

It's My Blog-o-versary!!!!

I started this blog one year ago today, so it's my Blog-o-versary! LOL! Here's to another year of blogging my heart out!

Anyhoo...

Grey's last night. What can I say? A lot. First, though, I was listening to the Rocket and Teresa Show this morning on the radio on the way to take the boys to school and they were talking about Grey's. I missed the first part of what they were talking about, but they clearly liked the episode and were saying good things about it. They play the clip of Meredith begging Ellis to have the surgery for her and Ellis looks at her and says, "you look just like my daughter." They all sigh and talk about how depressing that was. Before they go to commercial, Ponch, another personality on the show, yells:

"That's it! I can't watch Grey's Anatomy anymore! It's like a bad relationship! I'm done giving my emotions to this show!"

I was laughing so hard I almost ran the van off of the road!

Mike proclaimed this episode the best since the bomb episode last season. He says that this episode will keep the series from being cancelled. LOL! I know his favorite part was when Izzy, Meredith and Cristina were tag teaming with the toxic patient. That was really cool.

I love the fact that I wasn't all stressed out about catching Grey's before the kids went to bed. The only thing that made me mad (and I can't believe this happened...I'm still laughing about it)...I had decided that I wouldn't even try to watch until the kids were in bed. (love that I can watch the episode from the beginning even while it is still recording!) Jacob and I were upstairs reading when we decided it was bathtime. I look downstairs and Mike's watching Grey's! Out of courtesy, he changes the channel and we start to get the kids washed. Daniel was showering downstairs (don't ask) and I come upstairs for a minute and Mike had flipped the channel quickly. I didn't believe that he was seriously watching and I'll admit that I was wrong. I was mostly in shock that he was so into it. LOL! I know I'm not properly describing it and I'm quite sure that Mike will set the record straight in the comments section.

My favorite line came from Cristina...when both Burke and Derek collapsed in the OR, she simply says, "that's not good." LOL!

Last week, Mike had said that he would be disappointed if Callie accepted George's proposal because it was done out of grief, and I agreed. So, WTF (and we didn't talk about this last night)? They got married?!? I loved Izzy's line, "small diamonds are good because no one will steal it." Poor Izzy just hasn't been herself this season!

I felt bad for Ellis until she told Mer that she was ordinary. And then, to rip into Derek for making her ordinary...Derek's such an ass for taking that out on Mer. That's the one thing I hate about his character - he's so susceptible to what others tell him. It drives me nuts!

Burke and Cristina...big shocker (sarcasm) that she said yes. Of course she did. I can't believe she handed that beautiful ring back, though. Wear the freaking ring, Cristina!!!!!

Alex and Addison...you know those cartoons where there's a bear and he's crazy hungry...LOL! Seriously, though, I really had high hopes for them. And then Addison had to go back to Mark. That really pisses me off!

I loved the scene with Mer and Ellis where Mer is telling her why Ellis needs to have the surgery. I haven't seen Mer that pissed off and upset since Derek called her a whore! (Flashback in the stairwell - Derek: "who's next? Karev? 'Cause I hear he likes to sleep around." Mer: "You don't get to call me a whore! ... I make no apologies for how I choose to repair what you broke. You don't get to call me a whore.") I wanted to burst out into tears. As Mike says, Ellen Pompeo is much better in scenes where she's upset rather than those where she has to laugh.

Okay, so I'm confused about one thing...Webber told Mer that he would not tell Ellis that he wished he'd left Adelle and run off with her because it wasn't true. Then, he goes and tells Ellis that they could have had a great family (more siblings for Mer) and even describes the house they would have lived in. They laugh about who would have become chief of surgery and they share a touching moment. Did he tell Mer that just to spare her feelings? Did he say that to Ellis because he knew that her lucidity was fleeting and she would soon forget? Did he say that to Ellis because that's how he really felt and if he'd known Adelle would leave him in the end, he would have chosen Ellis in the first place?

Upcoming episode looks to be a three-parter...and it looks awesome!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kewl! Grey's repeats tonight at 7 therefore I can still put it on DVD. Earl however, will have to wait for reruns after the season ends.

(^_^)