Thursday, February 01, 2007

400th Post!!!!!

Wow! 400 posts. That's a lot!

I made that cheesecake this afternoon. It came out perfect...it was creamy and didn't have any cracks. Everyone was raving about it. :)

After everyone had their fill, I put the collar back on the pan, covered it with saran wrap and went to put it in the fridge. I was talking with Jacob about homework, picked up the pan, opened the fridge...and then it happened...



(scroll down)














SPLAT!!! Right on the floor. Apparently, the collar (which was still in my hand...but I was now wearing it like a bracelet) wasn't on tight enough...and the bottom pushed right through.

Jacob and I looked at each other and he began trying to comfort me...telling me that it was really good and thank goodness I had given him a big piece earlier. I just stood there, stunned. I seriously think I couldn't move for about 5 minutes. When I finally came to, I went to get more paper towels and when I came back, Jacob had tried to help me by picking up the bottom of the pan

After I had cleaned up most of the mess, I called in my canine mop and she took care of the rest.



Thankfully, it happened after everyone had some! LOL!!! (I'm glad I can laugh about it now!)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Splat picture!

It is my second favorite behind the broken colored sand bottle.

Congrats on year of fine blogging.

Barbara said...

Thanks, Ken! I know you really liked the sand picture...it was a nice picture, wasn't it? LOL! When are you and Donna starting your blog?!?

Anonymous said...

We're lurkers, not bloggers.

Barbara said...

LOL!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is a good splat pic. My all time favorite will have to be the baby powder one! This one is more expensive, though, I would imagine. I'm sorry about your cheesecake, Barb. I think I would've cried. How sweet of Jacob to comfort you.

Barbara said...

It was very sad to see the cheesecake on the floor. It was so much work and we all got just one piece!

I forgot about the baby powder pictures. LOL! That was an interesting find...it's hard to believe that was almost 5 years ago!

Susan said...

I can't see the pictures.

Barbara said...

Huh...where'd the pictures go? Stupid Blogger!

Barbara said...

Can you see them now? Blogger ate them for some strange reason!