Sunday, February 04, 2007

Super Bowl Day

My house is a big sports house, thanks to Mike. If it's a sport, he'll watch it. Baseball, basketball, football, the X Games...lately, I've caught him watching bull riding (not that it's a bad thing, unfortunately, I don't know any of the riders anymore! LOL!). Needless to say, Super Bowl day has always been big here. This year, it's even bigger since the Bears are in it. What makes it even bigger is that the Bears are playing the Indianapolis Colts...the favorite team of my sister-in-law's family (fitting since they live in Indy). There's a lot riding on this game...bragging rights for a year is a huge thing!

Personally, I'm not a huge football fan. I'll take baseball or basketball over football anyday of the week, so I'll be watching the game for the commercials. Love Super Bowl commercials!

Speaking of basketball, what has happened to Bradley this year? They started out so strong and now they're tanking. At least they won last night. That's a good thing, but they're in the middle of the MVC standings and imagine my life right now with Southern Illinois being in first place (for those of you that don't know...Mike's a Southern alum). Mike is quick to remind me that I was in his face about Bradley being 5-0 in the beginning of the season...yeah, I guess I'm a poor winner. Bradley's next game is against Southern...Heaven help me if Bradley loses! LOL! What's nice is we actually get MVC coverage here since there are a couple of schools nearby (Drake, Creighton, Missouri State, Wichita State). I just want my team to kick some ass!!!!!! LOL!

No comments: