Monday, March 09, 2009

Bang, Bang Choo Choo Train

We made it to and from Chicago on the train. I really think Amtrak is something everyone should do at least once. The kids really enjoyed it. Coming home, there were several kids, also heading home to Kansas City, that kept our kids entertained. At one point, they were all hanging out in the Lounge and were reprimanded by the conductor for being too loud. Oh well. It was a great experience.

This is Union Station in Kansas City.


Daniel sits in front of an old sign while we wait for the train. All Aboard!
The observation car. The kids loved hanging out in here.
We ate breakfast in the dining car.
These were our actual seats. Lots of room and pretty comfy.
A view of downtown Chicago from the train.

We took the Metra into Buffalo Grove where Bobbi and Ed picked us up.
Hannah, David, Daniel and Jacob pose for a picture.
Bobbi scheduled manicures for everyone. Here, Bobbi, Rachel and Hannah get their nails done.
At the wedding, they took pictures of each family group. This was ours.
The weekend went by so fast. Here the kids are on the train headed home. This was the observation car.
The boys look out the window and see the Mississippi River.

6 comments:

debbie said...

Very cool, Barb. I love the train.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Looks like the kids really enjoyed the train.

Anonymous said...

I want to ride the train!!! I so wish we could take the train when we go to Disney World!!!! Oh well, money for the train or money at Disney - Disney wins!!

Looks like you had a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

OH! I love train trips! When I was in high school I would go visit my sister in Chicago via the train all the time and it is just the most relaxing/enjoyable way to travel! Looks like everyone had fun!

Susy said...

I'm glad that it worked out for you. Isn't it so much nicer? I really liked the time that Megan and I took the train. It was fun, and I didn't have to worry about traffic!

Barbara said...

About the 15th time Hannah went to the bathroom and we were still heading towards our destination, I knew we had made the right choice to take the train. :) It was very nice! I just wish there was something more for the kids.