Saturday, March 14, 2009

Bloobedy Blah...Part 2

The kids started Spring Break last week. I know it seems early but they always have Spring Break at the end of the third quarter. The teachers take a day for grade card prep and a day for teacher's inservice. I actually don't mind having the kids home...it means I don't have to be shuffling the kids around a whole lot. Our synagogue is also on Spring Break for Hebrew school and for Sunday School, so we really get a break. What'll really be nice is if the 80 degree days they're forecasting for next week pan out. I've got a lot of gardening work to get done.

This is kind of exciting...

I belong to a listserv for non-Jewish mothers raising Jewish children run by the Jewish Outreach Institute. 95% of the time, the things that go on make me want to quit. Not only are these girls way hard core, but they're very judgemental about others. It makes me so mad. Anyway, the leader of the listserv sent out a post about a lady that writes a monthly column for The Jewish Week newspaper. She's writing an article about the term Shiksa and would like to know our opinions/experiences with the word. I had to write her because A) I love the term Shiksa and B) my fantasy football team name was Shiksappeal.

So, I wrote her an e-mail with the information we were told she was looking for and got an e-mail back saying that she'd definitely use my experiences in her article. How cool is that? We'll see if I actually get in or if she uses my name (I said she could). Her article should come out next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok - I had to look the word up to see what it even meant....I am jsut a Southern Baptist girl - not use to all this culture hahaha!

Barbara said...

LOL Michelle!