Monday, December 01, 2008

Update...and Some Photos

We had a very uneventful Thanksgiving this year...not that it was a bad thing. I hate to admit that it was really nice to just spend the time with Mike and the kids. As always, I made way too much food but it was very tasty. I promise we'll be heading to Illinois for the holidays.

When I saw all of the snow yesterday, I was happy that we weren't on the road for it. We didn't get much here...about an inch or so, but it was enough for the kids to have fun playing in all day long.



Some other stuff has gone on since my last post, too. Daniel had his second grade program. It was super cute. They even learned the School House Rock Preamble song. Daniel has taught it to Jacob and Hannah as well. At any given point in time, you can hear someone singing, "We the people, in order to form a more perfect union..." LOL!!!



I finally got around to taking some pictures of Hannah at gymnastics. She's getting a lot better and she really likes it. (She's the one in the bright blue leo)



I've also spent the past week being sucked into the vampire world that is Twilight. I was bound and determined to not like it, but I wound up enjoying it immensely. I read all four books in less than seven days. How crazy is that?!?

Anyway, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and I promise to post more soon.

3 comments:

debbie said...

My girls have been outside for two days now. I don't know how they can do it. I'm glad they got out yesterday because the snow won't pack today.

I love Schoolhouse Rock. When Emma was in 8th grade, they had to learn the preamble (I did too) and the teacher taught that song to them. It's so much easier.

I'm glad that Hannah is loving gymnastics. How fun.

When are you coming to Illinois?

Barbara said...

I know that we'll be leaving somewhere around the 19th. If Sue's coming in, we'd like to time our arrival for around the same time. So...we're still not sure if we're hitting Chicago first or Peoria first.

debbie said...

I would too.