Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Another Snowy Tuesday

At some point last night, it started snowing. When I woke up and looked outside, I decided to check the school closings before waking the kids up. I knew I'd have no problem going back to sleep but once the kids are up, they're up. I come downstairs and find Jacob watching cartoons on the couch. I turn to NBC and wait for the closings to start over since we're at the beginning of the alphabet. The schools jump over our district and I tell Jacob, who is anxiously awaiting word that there's no school, that he needs to get some breakfast because he's got school. He's more than mad. In all actuality, there really wasn't a reason to close school. We only got a couple of inches. What surprised me was how many people were mad that there was school today. For crying out loud people. Grow a pair and get the kids to school.

I was really surprised when Mike called around 2:30 to tell me that he'd gotten an e-mail saying all evening activities through our school district were cancelled. It had stopped snowing and the plows were active. WTF? It normally isn't an issue but the boys had a Pack meeting tonight. Mike decided to call our Packmaster to see if there'd be a meeting tonight. Turns out there was but it had to be moved since the school would be officially closed. How annoying.

When I picked the kids up from school, everyone was buzzing about how there wouldn't be school on Thursday. What? Why? Well, I guess there's going to be this big ice storm Thursday that will cancel school. The teachers were all talking about it. Ugh. I really hope there's no ice storm on Thursday because we'd like to leave for Illinois on Friday and Hannah has her holiday party Thursday afternoon. I guess Jacob has a class pizza party that afternoon as well. In any case, if it's going to do something, I'd rather it just snow. Ice sucks.

I'm so tired of winter already.

4 comments:

Susy said...

We had an ice storm last night. Sucked big time. I hate ice.

debbie said...

Barb and Sue, keep an eye on this. We are supposed to get the ice Thursday afternoon/evening. They are calling for 1/4 to 1/2 inch of ice.

Barbara said...

Thanks for the heads up, Deb. I figured that if we got it, it would be heading toward you soon after. We won't be leaving until Friday afternoon so hopefully that'll be enough time to get stuff cleared. Fingers crossed that there's no ice in the first place!!!!!

debbie said...

Well, so far, the forcast is for the ice to turn to rain on Friday. The high temp is supposed to be 38 degrees so that will help clean up. Anything can change the forcast though. I'll keep watching.