Friday, July 11, 2008

Sports!

We went to TKD last night (Jacob was thrilled since he hasn't been since Monday) and found out that Master Dave had changed the schedule...effective next Monday. He's shortened the classes to 45 minutes but has changed the classes so that the kids can stay for two (90 minutes total) if they want to. He also added a Saturday class for them. Doubtful that we'll be making that one but they will probably want to do an extra class a week. The biggest change is the addition of two more adult classes TKD (great for Mike) and two more Jiu Jitsu classes. I'm excited because I can do my class four times a week. This schedule will also allow for a little more flexibility during the school year, which is always a good thing.

While sitting at TKD last night, Tammy (another mom there) says to me, "hey Barb, I signed Evan up for fall football. They have more sign up dates coming up if you want to sign Daniel up too." Ugh. After a little discussion, Mike and I decided to let Daniel try football. I don't hold much hope for it since almost every sport he's tried, he's hated. Baseball, soccer, basketball...all flops. I just hope this season isn't as miserable as baseball season was. Daniel's incredibly excited. I do have to say that this is the first sport he's asked to play. Who knows...maybe he's the next Peyton Manning! LOL!

Hannah keeps asking when she gets to play softball. I really think she's going to be my little jock. She wants to do it all. Soccer, gymnastics, softball, basketball, TKD. She's even mentioned tennis. I'd love to see her play soccer (yep...I'd be playing vicariously through her!) but the soccer season's so strange that there is no other sport season it doesn't overlap with. I may be crazy but I'm not insane!!! LOL!

Oh, I forgot to mention that in second grade, they start tackle football.

No comments: