Tuesday, July 08, 2008

It's Tuesday

Jacob's come down with some illness. He was complaining of a headache on Sunday and yesterday his throat began hurting and he was running a fever. He went to TKD last night and stayed during my jiu jitsu class. While the other kids were running around like crazy children, he sat in his chair, kind of in a ball. Today, he's just curled up on the couch. He looks miserable. I scheduled a doctor's appointment for him for this afternoon. He will probably get his wish of missing his last baseball game. If he weren't running a fever, I'd certainly think he was faking so that he wouldn't have to go, but it's pretty hard to fake a fever. At least I was never able to get that down! LOL!

Daniel has decided he'd like to play football. He told me this yesterday. Just walked up to me and said he wanted to play football. Can you imagine that little peanut playing football? Honestly, I don't think I can add anything to our schedule for the fall. Cub Scouts will be starting, Hannah wants to do Daisy Girl Scouts, TKD, Gymnastics, Jiu Jitsu, and Jacob wants to join the orchestra and play the violin (granted that's during the school day, but still)...I don't want to be running around like a crazy woman. Okay, so I'll still be running around like a crazy woman but I don't need to add football on top of it. I'm going to let it go and hope he doesn't bring it up again.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny about Daniel - Jonathan is going to play football this fall - of course for his age it is flag football. Jonathan also thinks he can play fall baseball also - but there is no way he can play 2 sports during one season - silly boy.

debbie said...

What did the doctor say? I hope he feels better soon and that no one else gets it.

Barbara said...

Jonathan is going to play football?!? Wow!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget his father played football freshman year in high school. I "watched" the games with my hands over my eyes praying he wouldn't get hurt.

Anonymous said...

Football is my sport - my brother started playing when he was 7 and he every season from then thru high school and then thru college. He was a starter and won a few awards. Football is in my blood - I am an avid fan!!!!

But between you and me I think Matthew will be the football player - Jonathan is not quite tough enough (he is more dramatic)

Barbara said...

Bobbi...I've heard that Mike played at Stevenson. It's a little hard to imagine! LOL! (sorry honey!)

Michelle...it seems like you're in a good area for kids football. We never played but I remember seeing a lot of boys out there when we played Fall Ball. Did you play t-ball through Winchester or through Frederick County this year?

Anonymous said...

We did tball thru Frederick - we had a good team plus tball was in the spring - Winchester is doing their tball right now - it is way too hot for tball right now.

Do you think Jacob will change his mind about baseball next year if he can get a new team?