Monday, May 12, 2008

Well, Well, Well

I'm 98% sure Hannah's got chicken pox. She had the booster vaccine about a week and a half ago and started with one little bump on her cheek the other day. Yesterday, she had a patch of bumps on her elbow and on her tush. I thought she just got into something. Today, her teacher was pushing her along a zip line thing at the park and I noticed her arms were completely covered. After being examined by about 10 other moms and teachers, it was pretty much determined that it's chicken pox. I asked her preschool's director if she'd like Hannah to stay out (even though it is the last week of school) and she told me no. It was her understanding that chicken pox from the vaccine was not nearly as contagious (that's what the pediatrician told me too) and that she was sure that everyone had already been vaccinated anyway. The other moms there didn't seem to care either.

So, she's got a real good case of it. It's on her arms, butt, face, waist, and some on her legs. They don't seem to be too itchy but they do bother her a little. Well, that's one less thing to worry about!

6 comments:

Susan said...

Then what the hell is the point of the vaccine?

Barbara said...

At least now I don't have to worry about whether or not it'll be effective in 20 years. It's truly the dumbest vaccine in the world.

Anonymous said...

Does she have a fever? Emma had a fever with hers.

Barbara said...

If she's had a fever, it was very mild. She's been sick to her stomach, though.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's part of it too. I hope she feels better soon. Does she itch a lot? Emma lived in the tub when she had them.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad Jonathan had them when he was a baby - never had the vaccine and because he was so small they didn't seem to bother him as much - he just slept a lot. We soaked him in Oatmeal baths just in case they itched.

I hope Hannah doesn't have too much itching!!! Poor Girl!!!