Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Even though it is pretty much over by now. I hope everyone enjoyed theirs.

I don't know what the weather's been like where you all are, but it's been cold and windy here for much too long. It's getting really old. And, our longest dry streak has been 3 days. I'm not all that upset about the rain since it means I don't have to do any watering but ugh. It's enough already.

Jacob had baseball pictures Saturday afternoon. We weren't sure if they were going to happen because it would try to rain every 20 minutes or so. Luckily, the rain held out until after the photos were over so we didn't have to reschedule. He has his first game tomorrow and the rescheduled rain out game from last week will be on Friday. With TKD testing quickly approaching, we're not sure if he's going to go to baseball practice on Thursday. There's another "ugh." Baseball practice. Every Thursday until the end of the season is baseball practice. We were sent at least 5 e-mails telling us that they'd be in Leawood (almost to the Missouri border and and around 119th Street). Not really that big a deal except for the fact that they start at 5:15 and go to 6:45. TKD is from 5:30-6:30 (it takes 20 or so minutes to get from TKD on 151st St. to Leawood). There is no way I could get all three kids to and from their activities on time. Luckily, we had it all figured out but it was still stressful. So, last Thursday, everyone met up at Leawood and we were all complaining about the distance. Then, we realized our coach wasn't there. Someone called and it turned out that he had told us the wrong field. Five times. Fortunately, the correct field is about 3 minutes from TKD so it won't be an issue. Phew.

Daniel had his first grade sing on Friday. Katie (Gwen's mom) took Hannah home with her so that I wouldn't have to pull her out early and I met Mike there at the school. It was quite a long program. Daniel was very nervous since he had a line or two that he had to do by himself. He did great, though. At one point, all of the kids stood up and he fell over. I don't think that anyone really noticed except for me and Mike but he was embarrassed. After, we went back to the classsrooms to pick up stuff and there were so many cute books, made by the kids, for us to take home. It's just now hitting me that the school year's almost over. This is Hannah's last week of preschool and the boys are out the Wednesday after Memorial Day. Where has this year gone?

We took the kids to see Speed Racer on Friday night. What a horrible movie. Of course, I was the only one that hated it. The kids and Mike thought it was awesome. The only good parts were the ones with Matthew Fox in it. My goodness he's good looking. Anyway, the kids have been asking to see it again (no). We're looking forward to the Indiana Jones movie. At least I am.

This morning, I was woken up by Daniel holding a Mother's Day poem for me. He was so cute and so excited with what he made. Each one of them made me some great cards. Unfortunately, I was so crabby and irritable this morning that it was hard to enjoy anything. I blame it on the diet. Freaking diet. I decided it's Mother's Day and diet rules don't apply today. This evening we went to Chili's for dinner and all I wanted to eat was their Southwestern Eggrolls. So, I got that and some spinach and artichoke dip for dinner. And I ate Jacob's cinnamon apples. I felt guilty for about 2 minutes. I've been so good on this darn thing that I deserved a day to eat whatever I wanted to. I even wrote it all in my food diary. Those eggrolls will keep me going for the next month or so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a great day yesterday. Went out for breakfast, went to see Jerry in the hospital (not so good), talked to all our kids and then went out for dinner with the Wagners.

Our weather has been cool and we had rain yesterday. We're supposed to be dry for a few days then rain again. Hope our weather isn't like this the whole summer.

It was great talking to you this weekend.

heathashli said...

So, What's this diet you are on? I lost 20 lbs on the 6-week plan (Eat To Live, by Dr. Joel Fuhrman) last year. I eventually gained it all back, because I didn't switch to the Life Plan, I just slowly went back to my old eating habits when the 6 weeks was up.