Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mid-week Post

Yesterday was the last MOPS meeting of the semester. It was sad because it was Hannah's last MOPS ever. Her teachers (the church has staff sitters that work daily) and I were sad but she was like, "see ya!" LOL! I'm considering a Bible Study over the summer so she'll probably get to see her teachers for a few more weeks anyway. For the last meeting, they set up a Spa Day. It was nice. They had people there to make us mochas and lattes, manicures and pedicures and facials. Of course, mochas are not on my diet but that didn't stop me from having two. I simply cannot turn down a peppermint mocha.


We also did the Secret Sister reveal and I found out that I was completely wrong about who my secret sister was. I thought it was Lori from my table and it turned out to be Maggie (like you know who Maggie or Lori are!) She gave me a Starbucks gift card and a great bag that you can put photos on the side of. It was funny because I was wondering why she was all over me as soon as I walked through the door, I mean, I have really just gotten to know her in the past month or so. The girl that I was secret sister for was very...ummm...unappreciative. "Thanks for all of the little things," she said to me. Uh, okay. Have a nice day.


My table has decided to get together, at least, on the Tuesdays that we would have had MOPS over the summer. We figure that we've already got that block of time empty so it's perfect for meeting. It'll be strange not sitting with them next year.


We've gotten most of the yard planted for the year. I'd like to mulch the beds but I don't know when I'll get to that. With all of the perennials that I planted last year, there wasn't a lot to plant. I did fill up the planters with annuals and put some around the front of the house. I need to get out and weed. It's hard to tell what's weeds and what's not since there are so many real plants coming up. I did mark where I'd planted perennials but they disappeared over the winter. I figure I'll wait another month or so to do the real heavy duty weeding unless it's clearly a weed.

No comments: