Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I'm a Genius!!!

All three of the kids are very heavy sleepers. It takes a lot to wake them up. I credit never being quiet around them when they were sleeping as infants. I was able to vacuum under their cribs while they were sleeping and they wouldn't wake up. Anyway, Hannah is still my best sleeper...she's usually asleep before we even turn off the light at night. The boys are a completely different story. They believe it's playtime. It drives me nuts. I do not want to have to sit outside their door just so that they'll settle down enough to go to sleep. While they were brushing their teeth tonight, I came up with an idea...

"The first person to fall asleep tonight gets $1!" I tell the kids. "Second person gets $.75 and the third person gets nothing. However, if I don't hear anyone tonight, everyone gets $1." (Make sense? Yeah, it didn't to me either LOL!)

I have never seen three kids so eager to go to bed in my life. Clearly, I'm not above bribing. And, yes, I do have $1 for each of them in the morning. A calm evening without yelling is totally worth $3 to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You better start saving your singles. LOL

Susy said...

so are they begging for money every night now?