Thursday, May 29, 2008

So Sorry...

I'm sorry that I've neglected the blog a bit. We've actually been enjoying some free time now that the boys are out of school and I've been going a little nuts on Facebook. My goodness is that thing addictive. It's fun, though, because I'm talking to people from high school and college that I haven't seen in years. If you don't have a Facebook page, I highly recommend getting one. Then let me know so that I can be your friend! LOL! (How sad is that?)

Anyway, the boys had their last day yesterday. We ended up staying outside until 10pm, mostly because I was chatting with a neighbor, Katie. We were discussing parenting books and our children. She recommended Love and Logic ("I haven't yelled at my kids since Sunday!" she told me) so I've been on the lookout for it. Has anyone else read it? If so, what did you think? I've read so many other books on parenting that haven't worked that I'm a little jaded.

Mikayla came over this morning to invite the kids to her garage sale. They all ran out of the house to take a look at her goods. Daniel came back begging for money for a Sonic the Hedgehog toy. I told him that if he wanted the toy, he'd have to spend his money. He runs upstairs, empties his bank and heads outside. About 2 minutes later, I see Sonic running through my backyard. Seriously? Yep...this Sonic is every bit as big as Hannah. We've taken to calling it Humongous Sonic. Daniel loves it, though.

Anyway, I guess that's it for now. I'm heading back over to my Facebook page now! LOL! (I blame Angi for all of this!!! I was fine until she asked me to be her friend!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My husband and I found the Love and Logic approach to be fairly easy to implement and really effective. It's surprising how well simple techniques like giving choices work!