Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Bit of Good News

Hannah's feeling better today. She did get some sleep, but she's still pretty crabby. I guess that's to be expected.

Jacob had a falling-out with a friend yesterday and, true to form, decided he was too sick to go to school. I made him go anyway, knowing that the reason he's "sick" is because he doesn't want to deal with the friend. I got a call from the school nurse around 10:30 asking me to come pick him up. I hate that. He has Mrs. H wrapped right up around his finger.

When we went to pick up Daniel, I was swarmed by several kids from Jacob's class. Nicole was the first one to tell me that Jacob was elected Student Ambassador for next year. Then Brandon came over to tell me. Jacob just shrugged his shoulders and said, "I didn't know I was running!" LOL! Student Ambassador is a huge honor for 4th and 5th graders. There are only a handful from those grades asked to become one. What they do is help new students become acquainted with the school, give tours (we got a tour from Student Ambassadors when we first arrived) and are the school's representatives on other occasions. They are nominated by and voted on by the other kids in their class. I'm pretty proud!

We were walking back to talk to Ms. P, Jacob's teacher, about it when I was ambushed by Mrs. P, the school counselor. I've been dodging her for about a month now. She wants to know what our plans for Daniel are. I told her that I'd leave her a voice mail. Should be an easy one that will go a little like this, "we've decided to let Daniel be Daniel and are choosing to do nothing." I suppose I could have told her that this afternoon but I didn't want to get into it with all three kids with me. The woman's killing me.

Through Facebook, I was able to reconnect with a college friend. She pointed out that I found her 10 years, almost to the day, since we last saw each other. I thought that was cool. I've thought a lot about her since we're currently living where she grew up. It's always fun to find old friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad Hannah got some sleep. Hope she's feeling better.

Good for Jacob being elected School Ambassador. What an honor. Way to go Jacob.

I think you're right about letting Daniel just be Daniel. It seems like he's doing better. He'll be OK. (I know from experience LOL)