Monday, April 28, 2008

Weekend Update

I had my Women's Retreat this past Friday and Saturday. It was hosted by the church that hosts my MOPS group. The theme was Loving Well by Beth Moore I had never been on a retreat before so I wasn't sure what to expect. What was kind of funny was that I was more concerned with the fact that I knew the food (and, wow was there food) there wouldn't be on my diet. LOL! (I managed to do pretty well, though. I only gained .4 pounds from Friday's weight and still managed to be down almost 6 pounds for the week!) All in all, it was fun, insightful and I've become better friends with some of the girls. I'd love to do another Beth Moore study. She's crazy funny.

I got home late Saturday night and got to hear about how the rest of the family's weekend went.

Mike took the kids to Topeka on Saturday for a Tae Kwon Do tournament. Long story short, they were good competitors. Hannah managed to pout her way into a trophy and the boys were skunked. They seemed to have a great time, though. They got together with some other families from our TKD school before, during and after the tournament which, I'm sure, was a good thing for Mike. Oh, and Mike took 2nd in form and 3rd in sparring. Not bad, I think.

Tomorrow, Hannah has her appointment with the audiologist. I talked with some girls at the retreat about it and I was surprised how many have had similar things happen. Luckily for them, it was easily fixed with ear tubes. Of course, my mind is going through every possible scenario for this. At this point, I just want to know what's going on, how bad it is and what we can do to fix it. Of course, it could turn out to be nothing. I should be happy that this appointment is happening so quickly after the first diagnosis. Otherwise, I would have driven myself completely insane.

We're supposed to get a freeze tonight. The kids and I brought all of the planters inside and covered up the marigolds I planted last week. I thought about covering some of the perennials and the zinnias (I can't believe my zinnias came back up!) but decided that if they've made it this far, they should be okay. I might pay for it...oh, for crying out loud...I need to go cover those up too.

I'll let ya'll know how Hannah does tomorrow. I need to go get some sheets out of the closet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We did some covering up last night too. I don't think it got that cold though.

It's awesome that you have an appointment with the audiologist so soon and that you got to talk with other women who have had similar experiences. How comforting that must have been.

I'm so glad you had fun at your retreat. Arn't they a blast? Beth Moore, I could go on and on about her. She's fantastic. She has a lot of studies. I'm doing two right now. One is on the Psalms of Ascent called "Stepping Up" and another I'm doing with Emma called "Believing God". Both of them are excellent.

Barbara said...

I've heard the Believing God one is good. I'd like to do the Breaking Free one. It might be fun if we could figure out how to do a long-distance study together!

Anonymous said...

I think I've done "Breaking Free". It's been years ago. I think she has online classes. You could technically do her classes by just buying the workbook but there are videos that go with them. I'll have to check into that.

Glenn said...

d'ya think mike might be interested in sparring or swapping forms for a bit next time we are around eachother?

Barbara said...

I'm quite sure that Mike would be up for that! He loves to do all that stuff. I'm sure he'd love to practice with you.