Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Rain, Rain Go Away...

It's raining...again. As of 10 minutes ago, we've had 1.5 inches today. It's so wet out here that many of the farmers are becoming concerned that they won't get planting done. I hope we get a break soon. The good news is that usually the rain comes with thunderstorms...which is really awesome.

Hannah's teacher, Mrs. M, asked if Ruby could come and visit her class this afternoon. I said that it was no problem. So, Ruby was demoted from first grader to preschooler. We have a little cage that we used to take her to Daniel's class and she's grown so much that she barely fits in it anymore. We knew that she had been growing but had no idea just how much. She didn't seem to mind all of the kids and was just as happy after coming home as she was before we left, so I guess that's a good thing.

Oriana's feeling better now. She's back to only occasionally needing to go out and back to hiding out under the kitchen table during meals. I didn't really miss that part. At least she's stopped pooping on the floor.

Hannah and I got a little planting done today. We cleaned up some of the beds and put in some double marigolds. I think they look really nice. What's shocking to me is that my zinnias from last year seem to have re-seeded themselves for this year. I have a ton of zinnias coming up. I'm going to have to go through and thin them out. I'm just so excited to have so many things coming up in the garden beds. I'm not going to have to plant much in the way of annuals at all. Still trying to figure out what to put in my hanging baskets this year. I wonder how impatiens would do in them. Hmmm. I've still got some time, though.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been busy outside this week too. I've gotten the front flower beds planted with impatians, snap dragons, and wave petunias. I have a humming bird feeder in the front and the back, plus a bird house on the big tree. So far no takers on either the feeders or the bird house though. After I get off the 'puter, it's time to mow the front lawn. The back yard isn't long enough to mow yet.

I got the garage and everything in it blown off and washed off. All of last year's spiderwebs are gone now plus the place is sparkly clean.

The windows have been open all week but I'll probably have to close them if we get the thunder boomers that are forecast. J.C. has been living in the windows. That animal is a pure window cat.

Dad

Barbara said...

I got most of our yard mowed yesterday. I would have gotten it all if Paul from next door didn't come over to offer to edge the yard for me. I probably should have just bitten the bullet and mowed those last five rows but I didn't feel like doing it in the hail. LOL! Now, my backyard looks really strange. With all of the rain we've had, it's really long!

Susy said...

I'm seriously considering fake flowers in my hanging basket. Who would know? LOL

Barbara said...

Didn't Deb do fake flowers one year? When we bought the house in Virginia, she had fake geraniums planted in the planters in the front. We were in the house a week before I knew they were fake!

Anonymous said...

I always do fake flowers in my window boxes. It's too hard to get to them to water them! I'm sure they look fake (especially in January, lol) but I like them so there!