Tuesday, April 22, 2008

An Overdue Post

After meeting Gary on Saturday, Mike hired a sitter and took me to Amor de Brasil.
Who knew that Brazil even had it's own cuisine? LOL! Anyway, it was very cool...there are a bunch of guys walking around with meat on swords. They give you a card...one side's red and the other's green. When you want more meat, put your card on green and the meat guys line up at your table to give you more. They had 15 different kinds of meat...all of it was awesome. You would think that they would be stingy with the meat, but they weren't. As soon as one person flipped their card to green, it became a meat mad-house. It just wouldn't stop! We walked out of there so full, it was hard to walk! Mike and I were saying that we wouldn't be surprised if the meat guys chased us into the parking lot with Mike screaming, "flip the card to red!!!!" LOL! So tasty...we can't wait to go back.

Oriana hasn't really been eating her food lately, so Mike thought we'd try a new bag of food. We gave it to her on Saturday and, ever since, she's been pretty sick because her stomach's not used to eating as much as she has been. Loose doggie poo is not something that's fun to clean off of the carpet. She's also been begging to go out many, many times per night, which really, really sucks. It's like we have a newborn all over again. Last night seemed really bad and it didn't help that the weather radio went off at 12:30am for a thunderstorm warning. I took her out, after turning off the alarm, and checked the radar to see what was coming (yes, I'm that much of a dork) and headed back to bed. I was disappointed because it seemed like all we got was lightning, so I fell asleep. Not long after, Oriana had to go out again. So I took her out again. Somewhere around 3:30am, I heard Mike say something about her needing to go out again and that he'd already taken her out 5 times. Fortunately, she seems to have gotten better because she's only needed to go out a couple of times today and she seems to be feeling better. I literally picked up a case of carpet cleaner from the Oreck store (along with some pet pre-treater) and have been going to town on the carpet all afternoon. It's just so gross. Ugh.

On a side note, I guess the big storm came while I was sleeping...everyone at my MOPS table this morning said that they had been up most of the night with scared kids. Thank goodness our kids sleep like rocks. I hear that it had the whole thing...lightning, thunder, hail, wind. Dang! I missed it!

Today is the last day of my prep program and I go to nutritional counseling tonight. It's been hard these last three days. Although, today is much easier than yesterday. I'm forcing myself to eat because I'm just not hungry. I don't know if that's a side effect or what but if I see any more meat, I think I'm going to be sick (doesn't help that we had that meat-fest on Saturday!). I really don't even crave the carbs anymore...it's just more inconvenient than anything else. I don't miss the soda either, which is nice and I do get to have coffee (so no caffeine headaches!) They wanted me to go in yesterday and I was already down 3 pounds. I just can't wait to go tonight so that I can get some regular food back!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooooo! A meat resturant! You'd think that would be Argentina rather than Brazil, but what do I know.

I'm thankful that J.C. Katt knows where the litter box is and uses to the exclusion of other (sneaky) places. For my part, I scoop up the chunks every couple of days and change the litter when the amonia smell starts to get noticible and he's fine.

Dad

Anonymous said...

What a fun restaurant. I'm glad you had a nice date.

Sorry about Oriana.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Oriana not feeling well. Is she doing better now?

Sounds like a neat restaurant. Glad you had a good time.