Saturday, April 19, 2008

I Know This Won't Mean Much To You...

But Jacob and I got to meet a local celebrity today. I've been a huge Weather Blogger for our NBC affiliate. It's cool because you get to chat daily with the meteorologists there. We found out earlier this week that Gary Lezak, the NBC Chief Meteorologist, would be making an appearance with his "weather dog", Stormy, at our Price Chopper. Jacob and I were so there. It was very cool because I had mentioned yesterday on the blog that I would be there to meet him and he told me that he'd have Stormy do a trick for me.

We got there and I introduced myself as "Barbara from the blog" and he got all excited. "Barbara!" He said. "Give me a hug!" After the hugs, he asked me to introduce him to Jacob and then called someone over to take a picture. "We've got a blogger over here! We need a photo now!" He said. I then hand that guy my camera and ask him to take one for me as well. (click photos to enlarge)

Gary Lezak, Stormy the Weather Dog, me and Jacob

Then he says, "I told you that Stormy would do a trick for you." He calls Stormy over and has her do a couple of tricks for us and for the crowd. There wasn't a whole lot of room, so these were the best photos I could get.


Gary then tries to give a treat to Jacob so that he can have her do a trick, too. Jacob refuses, so he hands me the treat. He tells me to have her sit and then shake. I have her sit and then she does shake. Gary took this photo for me right as she was shaking my hand. You can see the treat in my left hand.

He gives me another hug and told me to keep blogging. Oh, and can I e-mail him any photos that I took? LOL!

It was awesome to finally introduce myself to Gary. What was even cooler is that he knew exactly who I was. He seemed to be really excited to see me and definitely spent more time with us than with everyone else. Jacob just thought it was cool to be able to meet his "favorite weatherman." So awesome.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kewl beans Barb!

Dad

Barbara said...

I thought it was cool. I felt like I was meeting a rock star! LOL! At one point, my hands were shaking a little and he asked me why. I told him that I guess I was a little nervous. He laughed and asked Jacob if I had been excited about meeting him and Jacob said, "you have no idea." Too funny.

Susan said...

Dork! That's pretty cool.

Barbara said...

I know...I'm a great big nerd! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I would have thought that was awesome too. Maybe you can be a "weather girl" when you grow up, lol. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to be.

Barbara said...

As much as I would love to be a weather girl, I certainly couldn't handle the math part. :(