Thursday, April 10, 2008

I Hate Days Like This

Hannah caught the cold I had last week. She was up a good deal of the night coughing. Twice, she threw up from coughing so hard. I gave her some cough medicine this morning, which she promptly threw up all over the kitchen floor. Poor baby...she's been hanging out on the couch all day and has managed to take two short naps. I just wish she could get a good nap in. She keeps waking herself up.

I'm all messed up because it's Bring a Friend to TKD night and that's messed up the schedule a bit. Class starts at 6:00 instead of 5:30 and I don't know why that screws me up so much. Needless to say, Hannah will not be participating in class tonight.

To top it off, there's a chance for some severe weather this afternoon/evening. Since last night, we've gotten almost another inch of rain with more heading our way. Looking at the radar, it seems that our little storm is heading straight for Dad, Deb and even Sue. Although, it's not quite as little as it was when we got hit with it. Sorry about that! If the temps here rise much more (we're in the low 60's), it could spark some severe thunderstorms. The wind's picked up quite a bit in the past half hour and the clouds are just screaming by. I guess I should be happy that we don't live much further west and north...they're getting slammed with snow. Don't know if I could deal with that. I just hope it hits after I've picked the boys up from school.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The temps around Peoria have gone up to the mid 60s this evening and the wind's coming from the south east so it's not likely that we're getting your storm but a storm of our own. Well, hang in there. At least you have a serious shelter in your basement. Although when mom and I used to cower down in the basement, we'd usually hear the front door slam and you heading down the basement after driving around in the stuff that we went to the basement for in the first place.

Dad

Anonymous said...

We never did get bad weather, just serious wind which is continuing today and lots of rain. I love this time of year too.

Susy said...

We got it late last night. Lots of thunder and lightning, some decent wind, not a lot of rain.