Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Snow Day

Well, we got one. Another snow day. I'm thinking that it's not because of the snow because we only got 2 inches or so (just north of us got 8+ inches). It rained/sleeted all day yesterday and I'm sure it froze under all that snow. I haven't talked to Mike to see how his ride into work was, but I'm sure it wasn't fun. It's all blowing around now, so there's very little in the driveway and I'm sure that if I tried to shovel it, more would just blow in. So I'm just going to leave it and see what happens. The road in front of our house is completely covered and it doesn't look like many have decided to go out. I know that I don't have any plans to go anywhere today.

Hannah's mad about the snow day because she was scheduled to have her Kindergarten Roundup this morning (can you believe that? Hannah in kindergarten!). She was so excited about "going to kindergarten" and now she thinks she's never going to get to go. I keep telling her that I know that they'll reschedule it and that she'll get to go on another day but she doesn't believe me.

Daniel lost another tooth yesterday and was more than excited to find out that the Tooth Fairy had visited him (despite the threats of sending an e-mail to her telling her not to come because he wouldn't go to sleep). The Tooth Fairy almost forgot about it (it's happened before) but remembered in the nick of time. So I was woken up this morning by Daniel, baggie with a dollar in it in hand, letting me know that he loves the Tooth Fairy. He's too cute.

So, that's about it from the Frozen Tundra. Man, it's cold outside. The bright side is that I have a pot of chicken soup on the stove and if I can find some yeast, I'll be making a challah later. It seems like we eat chicken soup a lot. Okay, so we do. LOL!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I come and have some chicken soup? My stomach has been acting funny for the last couple of days and all I can seem to hold down is chicken soup. I've been eating the turkey soup you made when you were here for Chanukah. That seems to do pretty well.

We also are in a frozen tundra. It's sleeting/freezing rain right now but is supposed to go to snow sometime today with a total of 6 to 12 inches.

I made it to work OK, but there was one scary spot. I was going south on Milwaukee when a lady came barreling out of a side street, to go north on Milwaukee, and spun out so that her car was facing the street she came out of. I was going slow and was able to stop so nothing happened. She straightened her car out and went on her merry way. People need to learn how to drive in this weather.

Which tooth did Daniel lose?

Barbara said...

See, Bobbi...and you all laughed at me for making the quantity of soup I made (actually, I was pretty shocked as well...I had no idea just how big that pot really was! LOL!) Glad it's coming in handy for you. Nothing like homemade soup to cure what ails you! :)

Glad you're okay after your almost accident. People drive so crazy in bad weather.

Daniel lost the bottom tooth next to his canine one. He's already got one coming in underneath (it's already broken through his gums) so I don't think he'll have a hole there for too long.