Monday, July 30, 2007

Rain, Rain, and More Rain

Dad arrived early yesterday afternoon and we decided to grill up some steaks. My weather guy, Jeremy, said that we should be good to grill since any rain that might come our way would be gone by evening, so we went ahead and fired up the grill. At some point while we were eating, it began raining. Over the span of about 2 1/2 hours, we ended up with 3.4 inches of rain. Our backyard was flooded and I decided to take some pictures and sent them to Jeremy over at our NBC affiliate. A couple of e-mails back and forth and one of the photos I sent him ended up on their blog. I ended up the big winner for rainfall, which is a first. You can see it by clicking here! (you'll see my comment as soon as the page pops up, just scroll up to the top to see my backyard!) It's kind of fun to read the comments because it shows the progression of the rain.
You can also see the whole blog by clicking the link at the left or by clicking here. The kids had a blast running around in the rain and in the flooded areas. They were soaked by evening's end, but what's better than playing in the rain when you're a kid?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! You move to a new town and you become a celebrity!! Can you send me a picture with your autograph!!! HAHAHAHA

Barbara said...

LOL!!!