Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Just Thought I'd Post

Because I hadn't posted in a while and I felt that I should. It's just that there's not much going on here. The rain finally cleared up and after a day or so of really chilly pool water, the kids are back enjoying the pool. A couple of kids from the neighborhood have been coming over to swim, which has been good and bad. Right now, they are fighting with a girl behind us because she called them "stupid heads" when they told her that they had to go in to eat dinner last night. I have to admit that I'm not very fond of this girl since she repeatedly ignores what I've asked everyone to do and snatches pool toys from everyone she can. Ugh. Oh well. Kids will be kids.

I'm making some pulled pork but I'm doing it in the oven instead of on the grill. I just don't feel like doing it on the grill today. I'll let you know how it comes out.

So, I guess that's about it from here. The boys have Tae Kwon Do tonight and I'm curious to see if they spar. Now, I have to get a load in the washer.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff got our pool up on Saturday and filled it Sunday. It's freezing but the girls don't care. Mary Rose could live in it, I think.

The pulled pork sounds yummy. I think I'm going to throw a chicken on the grill. I wonder if I have a can of beer? I was going to make the chicken last night but I ran around in Peoria too long and had a hankering for brats.

Barbara said...

I love beer can chicken. I'll have to do that later this week. My kids have been living in the pool and keeping me hostage there since we put it up. At least they're outside and getting exercise.

Anonymous said...

I had teriyaki beef tonight - with fried rice into which I dumped a finely chopped jalapino fresh from the garden. Makes for interesting fried rice!

No pool in my back yard but the robins keep hoping.

Anonymous said...

How did your rice turn out, Dad? Was it good? I keep forgetting to check on my jalapino peppers. I picked a couple of green peppers yesterday to go with the brats.

Barbara said...

That's what the vinegar sauce for the pulled pork needed...a little fresh jalepeno! Oh well. Maybe next time.

Anonymous said...

Ok, you promised me that recipe (as she taps her foot, waiting).

Barbara said...

What's funny is I can totally picture you with your hands on your hips, tapping your foot! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Thank you!