Sunday, April 22, 2007

Working In The Yard

Yesterday, the kids and I headed up to Wal Mart...the original purpose was to get drinks because we were completely out of juice. I had told Dad that I was leery to plant much more than what I already had because my weather guy said that we should expect one more freeze before the end of the month but I couldn't help myself. I got two rose plants (Jacob picked out a purply-pink one and I picked out a yellow one) and we got some assorted annuals. Hannah picked out some light purple wave petunias and Jacob picked out a New Guinea Impatien. Daniel picked out a big yellowish flower that I had as an inside plant in Virginia but we planted it outside. They had some really pretty orangish-peach begonias that I think I may plant in the back if they still have them when I go back there. I completely forgot about the side of the house and need to figure out what I'm going to do there. Of course, it's going to take a little while to clean it out but I may just plant more petunias there.

For Sue: I went out to get the paper this morning and the headline I saw through the plastic wrapper on the paper was Sofa For Life. I thought of Sophia. I know, I'm a dork. LOL!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time picking out your plants. I hope that you don't get any more cold weather. That would stink.

Susan said...

LOL that's pretty funny.

Anonymous said...

I was going to do the impatient and snapdragon thing this weekend, but just stuck with the wave petunias instead. I got the lawn mowed front and back, the garage and back porch blown out of all the leaves that have gathered in there since last fall.

Getting organized at last.

Barbara said...

Mowed yesterday. The yard's looking pretty good I think!

Anonymous said...

So your grass seed took?

Barbara said...

Ummm...yes and no. There are still a couple of problem areas where there is no grass at all but I'd say 75% of it took. I don't know if it's from the seed or if the established grass is spreading. There are two big (about 2 feet by 2 feet) areas in the backyard that are bare. Some areas are just thin, but they have some grass.

Now, I'm just rambling! LOL!

Susan said...

Wanna come mow my lawn? I don't wanna do it. Barb, keep the bare spots watered and they should get some grass. I had that problem at Carson, only it was bigger. By the end of about a month, you couldn't tell there had been a dirt spot (I used the miracle grow lawn spray junk).

Barbara said...

I really don't want to mow your lawn. I really didn't want to mow my lawn. LOL! I've been watering the crap out of the lawn and I think that may be part of the reason it's filling in so well. I don't know.

The petunias are already starting to take off! Yay!