Thursday, April 19, 2007

It's A Good Day

Seriously! It is because Sanjaya was finally voted off American Idol. It's about time. I do have to say that it'll be sad to not have his hair in the competition, though. I was really worried because the bottom three had Blake in it. So not cool. My guess is that so many people were voting for Chris that they didn't vote for Blake. I did tell Mike that if Blake had been voted off instead of Sanjaya (or Lakisha for that matter) I was done with AI. As soon as they sent Blake back to safety, I told Mike that I was glad that I could continue enjoying the show.

We caught the end of another good show, Thank God You're Here, since we went to a good Mexican restaurant after Tae Kwon Do last night. This has become Mike's favorite show. During one of the warm up rounds, they had the contestants pretending to be chefs promoting their new restaurant, The Buddha Baby. Ordinarily, that wouldn't have been funny, but we used to call Daniel 'Buddha Baby' when he was an infant. We all had a really good laugh about that.

I got the rest of the backyard done yesterday and got a few things planted. Some hydrangeas, daisies, pink coneflowers and black-eyed susans. It looks so sparse right now and I have to resist the urge to plant much more in there because I know that once they are full size, they'll be huge and will fill up most of the area. The hydrangeas alone are 4-5 feet across and high and there are two of them in there. I can't wait until midsummer when everything should be blooming...that is if I don't manage to kill everything off.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sanjaya is gone, I am through with AI!

Barbara said...

LOL, Ken! Figures that you'd be rooting for Sanjaya!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, well....You get another "Grey's" recorded on DVD
tonight. Is it just me, or do we have a especially crappy season on TV this spring.

(^_^)

Anonymous said...

Barbara - I am with you - if Sanjaya had not been voted off last night I was DONE!!!

I also agree with your Dad - we have a very crappy season on TV!

Barbara said...

Interestingly, I do find myself missing Sanjaya just a little

Anonymous said...

You'll probably miss "Grey's" even more 'cause I screwed it up and only got half of it. So I dumped it. I hope to get it in re-runs after this season closes out...sorry.

:-(

Barbara said...

They usually replay it on Fridays. I think it's on again tonight at 7pm.

Anonymous said...

Got it! I'll try again tonight.

Anonymous said...

Did it. You have your "Grey's" #320!

Barbara said...

Yay, Dad!