Tuesday, April 17, 2007

An Awesome Phone Call

I dropped Jacob off at his party and the rest of us headed home. We hadn't been home but a few minutes when the phone rang. On the other end was my MOPS coordinator and table mate, Shana, who called to ask if she could bring me a meal tomorrow. Shana is a very sweet and thoughtful person. After we talked about the meal delivery, we talked for a little while about how I'm doing. Now, this is someone who lost her sister two months ago, also very suddenly, calling to ask if I'm okay. She and I prayed together for a little while and then cried for each other.

She told me that she was so happy that I felt comfortable enough to let them know what was going on and I told her that I worried that I was burdening her by telling her about it. Especially so close to her loss. She said to me, "God works in amazing ways. He put the two of us at the same table for a reason. We can work to heal together." Wow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is awesome. I have had many God moments through this whole thing. I'm so glad that you have the support you need.

Barbara said...

Hey Deb...what was the passage your pastor read at the memorial? I can't remember.

Anonymous said...

Are you talking about Proverbs 31?

Barbara said...

Thank you!