Monday, April 09, 2007

Tae Kwon Do

The boys had their first lesson tonight and they loved it. There are a whopping 3 kids (including my 2 boys) in the class. That's okay, though. I swear the girl teaching the class was all of 14, but she did a great job. She came to talk to us after the class and said that she felt that Daniel did well...she was older than him on her first lesson and she wouldn't kick, so he was doing well. She also said that she felt Jacob had great potential and could go really far if he stuck with it.

After the class, we went over to Applebee's since Mike's team had graciously given us a gift card. They also gave us a gift card for Chili's which will come in handy later. So wonderfully sweet of them.

When we got home, I noticed that there was a package of some sort on the front porch. I walked up and saw that it was a pan of carrot cake and a card. Our neighbors Beth and Craig had baked it for us. There has also been a steady stream of sympathy cards coming in the mail. It's so nice to know that I have such wonderful friends who are thinking of us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are in a good neighborhood with nice people - unlike where I live!!! I am most obviously pregnant and do you know not one person has even said anything to me like "Congrats" etc. My neighbors are rude!

Barbara said...

I remember your lovely neighbors. Such craziness! The sad thing is you have such a pretty subdivision. Too bad the people who live there are nuts (of course, you're not included in the nuttiness! LOL!)