Monday, April 09, 2007

Monday

Two of my three boys are sick with colds. I don't know how Mike's feeling today but Jacob is home sick. He sounds like he's going to cough his insides out. When I went up to the school to drop off Daniel, Mr. L, the principal, opened up the door and said, "welcome back to school, Jacob." I said, "I'm keeping him home today, he's not feeling well." He looked at Daniel and said, "Ok, well, welcome back to school, Daniel." I like that he knows their names...their old principals couldn't pick half of the kids out of a lineup.

The boys start Tae Kwon Do tonight. It'll be interesting to see how they do. Yes, I'm going to let Jacob go...he's already missed the first two classes.

Thanks to the grief diet, I've managed to lose 10 pounds in the past week. Unhealthy? You betcha. However, if I eat more than a few bites of anything, I get really sick to my stomach. I figure that eating a few bites and being able to keep it down is better than eating a normal portion and having it come up. So, I've been doing a lot of slow grazing.

Saturday afternoon, my neighbor's son, Paul (he's about 13), knocked on the door. In a little voice (and with Larry, his Dad, looking on from the street) he says, "I'm starting a lawn mowing service and was wondering if you'd like me to mow your lawn." Yes! Yes, I do! It was getting to the point where we'd lose small children in it. Of course, there are areas that are just dirt, but a good deal of the bare spots have filled in quite nicely. At this point, I'm going to see how much it all spreads this summer and try again in the fall.

Trying to figure out where to put a redbud tree. Jacob said he wants to plant one in the front yard so that everyone can see it. There just doesn't seem to be a good place for it. I'd like to cut down that little bitty pine in the front yard and put it there. That might be nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, goodness, I hope they feel better soon.