Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Hey...Good Luck...We're Over Here!

Last night, both Hannah and Jacob were up sick. Jacob crying because his ear hurt and Hannah because she was coughing and her stomach hurt. Jacob said he felt okay this morning so I went ahead and sent him to school. Five minutes after we got home, I got a call from the nurse saying that she thought Jacob had an ear infection and probably needed to see the doctor. I went ahead and scheduled an appointment for Hannah as well since she has run out of both her Singulair and her albuterol. We went in and Jacob has a double ear infection...so bad in his right ear that it's compromising his hearing. Hannah seems to just have a cold but the doctor gave her another prescription for Singulair and one for a nebulizer medicine similar to albuterol (called Xopenex). In the past two weeks, Jacob has now missed 5 days of school. I was able to get his teacher to send homework so that we could try to catch up. Because of all of this, I missed my MOPS meeting. Can we just get a little bit of normalcy around here?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel for you - had Jonathan at the Dr's on Friday - we are back on Singular (old Dr took him off back in September - fool) and added Claritn for "break-thru" symptoms. Watching for his Allergy Asthma to appear and then we add a nebulizer. We are with your old Pediatrician now. I like them and so does Jonathan.

Barbara said...

I remember you telling me last fall that they took Jonathan off of the Singulair. I think it was at about the same time Hannah was starting. The Pediatricians you're with now are really good about asthma. They may be a little on the cautious side but they are all about keeping everything under control. Jonathan's in great hands.

Susan said...

I'm gonna start planting four leaf clovers, I swear! Hope it all gets better, hon.

Barbara said...

We're getting there. Jacob's been responding well to the antibiotic and Hannah's doing better too. Planting four leaf clovers may not be a bad idea! LOL!