Thursday, April 12, 2007

I'm Tired

And I really shouldn't be. I got enough sleep last night. I don't know.

The boys had Tae Kwon Do again last night. Jacob was loving it until there was a step-punch combo that he couldn't get and then he cried in the corner for the rest of the class. The instructor talked to him after class but he still came out saying that he wanted to quit. Sorry. You have to at least finish it out. My guess is he'll forget about what made him so mad next week. Daniel certainly enjoyed the heck out of himself, so I guess it wasn't all bad.

Hannah had gymnastics today. Her favorite part is the balance beam and jumping off of the vault. She loves that. All afternoon, she would touch her hands on her toes, put her nose to her belly and roll. Just like her teacher taught her. It makes me sick just how flexible she is...she can do that butterfly thing perfectly. You know, where you sit on the floor and touch the bottoms of your feet together and pull your heels in as close as you can to your body. Her little knees lay completely flat on the floor when she does it. She can also put her nose on her knees while reaching past her toes, and her legs are flat on the floor. I can't ever remember being that flexible. Tomorrow, she has ice skating. That's her favorite activity.

I got a postcard today from the police department property division telling me that they had something of mine and I could come pick it up. I was doing the happy dance from the mailbox into the house...then I read that the item was a red diaper bag. That wasn't mine. They found that in the street. Grrr. Thanks so much for getting my hopes up.

It's supposed to snow tomorrow. 1-3 inches. This just isn't right. I want to get out and plant and work in the yard! Middle Kansas has winter storm watches and warnings out. Isn't this April? WTF?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barb, I'm feeling tired too. I'm sure it's a little bit of depression. I don't want to do anything. I need to make myself get up and do stuff.

I'm so glad that Hannah is enjoying herself. Kids are so funny and cute.

Susan said...

I'm sorry that you're tired. I am too, but I think it's because Sophia decided to be up from 1:30am until almost 4. Ack. Hope it warms up for you soon. It's around freezing right now, so I feel your pain.

Barbara said...

We now have a winter weather advisory. Nice.