Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Another Random Post

Hannah pulled out her dress-up box last night and has been making herself a princess ever since. I swear this is the most she's played with these clothes since she got it at Christmas. She's having a lot of fun with it.

I got one more area in the backyard done yesterday. This pretty much just leaves the big back rectangle to tackle. That's going to take some time. I'm a little concerned for any plants I put in because of the rabbits outside. Babs, Buster and Topper. Hannah got all excited this morning because she saw Babs and Buster in the neighbor's backyard. I went to look with her and quickly realized that Hannah was getting a pretty graphic sex ed lesson. Just what I needed to see at 9AM. The whole thing was broken up by Topper, who chased Babs and Buster all around the backyard. I suppose that it is indeed Spring.

The boys have early release again today. Why? I don't get why they have so many early release days. Seriously. It's so annoying.

I got a call yesterday afternoon from a girl in my MOPS group. She wanted to know if she could drop by a lasagna for us for dinner. I immediately thought about the pot roast I had in the crock pot and thought that I could just freeze the lasagna for another time. I was outside talking with my neighbor, Beth, when she dropped by. Beth immediately started laughing because this lady just handed me a bag with a frozen Stoffer's lasagna in it. Beth says, "she could have at least heated it up!" We're laughing about it when Amy ATS comes up to talk to me about Daniel (like her kids are complete angels, but that's another story) and tells me that she buys those lasagnas all of the time and they are really tasty. Beth (who actually seemed annoyed that someone would just hand me a frozen lasagna) takes another look in the bag proclaims that it's a regifted food item. I say "what?" She says that someone has written the word "congratulations" on the box in a big black sharpie. LOL! They most certainly did! Oh well. She didn't have to bring me anything at all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is spring. Mary Rose and I were in the garden yesterday and she commented on the birds that were "fighting".

It's too bad we don't live closer, Mary Rose has been into her dress up box lately too. She gets dressed up and then gets married to one of her imaginary friends, "Dude". Oh my.

LOL on the regifted lasagna. It would come in handy on one of "those" days. You have a good attitude about it. It is still a nice gesture. A lot of people don't feel comfortable bringing someone a meal and feel intimidated cooking for someone else.

Susan said...

I love those lasagnas! Mostly because I don't wanna make them, and Glenn can't cook pasta. lol

Anonymous said...

I still have a Marie Callander lasagna in the freezer that I got last time at the commissary.

Barbara said...

I'm not a fan of the frozen lasagna. Now if it was mac and cheese, I'd be all over it! LOL!