Thursday, March 29, 2007

Happy Thursday

Lots of activity at the neighbor's house today. They had at least two showings and those there tonight were there for at least an hour. Of course, everyone (myself included...I know, I know) was standing in their driveway trying to get a peek at any potential new neighbors. LOL!

Hannah had her first gymnastics class today. She was so excited to get into her new leotard...she wore it all day! The park district has a nice big gymnastics facility and has a competitive gymnastics team (I know I'm thinking a little far into the future). I'm not sure yet how I feel about this program but I figure that no matter what I'll stick it out. I just don't see them learning a whole lot. She has them doing somersaults without showing them how to do it. Granted, most of the kids in the class have taken classes with this teacher before but there were two (Hannah and another girl) who didn't really know what to do. Eventually, she did help...I guess I'm just thankful that at this age they are mostly learning balance and flexibility. She loved it and I suppose that's all that really matters.

What I really hate about this gym class, though, is the distance. It takes between 20 and 25 minutes to get there, depending on traffic. It would be nice to find a gym closer, and I know that there are plenty.

15 minutes into Hannah's 55 minute class, my cell rings. The caller ID tells me that it's the school nurse. I sigh and answer the phone. She tells me that Jacob's in her office and doesn't feel well. He also looks really pale and she thinks it would be best if he just went home. She was not happy with me when I told her that it would be about an hour before I could get to the school (I was not pulling Hannah out of her class). She finally told me that Jacob could relax in on one of the beds until I could get there. I managed to get there an hour later and took everyone home. (BTW, Jacob looked fine to me)

I popped in Happy Feet for the kids to watch and Hannah was so exhausted she fell asleep. A little later, everyone went out to blow bubbles and play with chalk. Amazingly, Jacob's been fine all afternoon. I'm so shocked! LOL! Oh well. I guess everyone needs an afternoon off every now and then.

Tonight, we've had some great thunderstorms. I love thunderstorms. There's been some awesome lightening and thunder, as well as plenty of rain. In the few months we've been here, I think there've been more storms than what we had the entire time we were in VA. It's not nearly as pretty here, though.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee Barb, I was recording "Idaten Jump" on Cartoon Network this morning when this neat commercial came on. Radio controled FLYING Nsects. Well if not Nsects then Dragonflys.

Hehehehehehehe.

Barbara said...

I haven't seen those but I have seen commercials for smaller Nsects. They have one that's like a centipede thing and another was just some sort of beetle. Immediately, the boys began begging for them! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that Jacob recovered so quickly, LOL. Emma stayed home yesterday. She had a tummy ache. We did realize last night that she missed her class field trip to go roller skating though. She went to school today. She's supposed to bring her class goldfish home today for spring break.

I hope you get nice new neighbors. Funny about it bringing out all the neighbors.

Go Hannah with her tumbling! It sounds like a lot of fun. Too bad it's so much driving.

Anonymous said...

I've seen those commercials. They're called an "Nsect SWARM".
But still - the "dragonflys" really fly!

(^_^)

Barbara said...

Flying dragonflys. That's just what I need! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Radio controlled too!

(^__^)