Thursday, February 08, 2007

Hannah's Physical

Hannah had her physical this morning. My kids are strange because they love to go to the doctor. They think it's a blast. In fact, Daniel was mad when he found out that Hannah went without him this morning. Personally, I've always hated going to the doctor, but whatever.

Hannah thought it was funny that they asked her to pee in a cup too. She says, "I pee like Daniel did!" LOL!

Anyway, the doctor and I talked about Hannah's asthma (the main reason I wanted to get established as a patient there) and he asked how she was doing. I told him that she's definately been using the nebulizer a lot less than before the move and she seems to be doing a lot better than before. He told me that more than likely, because her asthma is triggered by allergies, the relief she's seeing is because of the different allergens here. He told me that there will be a "honeymoon period" of up to a year before she starts exhibiting symptoms again. I asked him if it's possible that it's done and over. He told me that, while it can't be completely ruled out, it's probably just a matter of time. He said that allergy testing at this point really wouldn't work since her body hasn't really worked up the allergies yet (does that make sense?) and would show false negatives.

So, it looks like we take a "wait and see" approach to this. He did say continue doing what we are doing (Singulair, Albuterol as needed) because we don't want to mess with what's working. He did tell me not to worry...that whatever pops up, we'll handle it. That made me feel good.

No comments: