Friday, January 19, 2007

Stupid Drivers!

What is wrong with drivers this morning? I took the kids to school and I was pulling into the carpool line when a lady pulls into a driveway in front of me and then, without even looking to see if anyone was coming (which I was), she starts to back out!!! I had to swerve to avoid hitting her and she had the nerve to look at me like I was the idiot!!!!! Grrr. The lady in front of us was putting her makeup on in her rear view mirror. I look behind me and one of my neighbors (she has three girls, spaced out about like mine but her oldest is Daniel's age) has none of her kids buckled up and they're all hanging over the front seats. STUPID!!!! (and she does it every morning!!!!!!)

So, I drop the boys off and turn to head to the main road. The line to turn is unusually long. The lady in front of me is still putting on makeup and doesn't see that one of the busses is trying to get out so that another one can pull in. She gets an earful from another bus driver who gets out and stands in front of this lady's car to stop her. Then, the bus tries to make a left turn out of the drive (because the line to the main road was so long) and almost takes out makeup lady and a mailbox. The line was so long because there was an accident at the light on the main road and people were blocking the way for people trying to make left turns onto the main road. Like that's going to make you go so much faster by not letting people go. So much stupidity on the roads today!!!!!

6 comments:

wandachallon said...

At David's school, there is a grandmother that never straps in her grandkids. I am sick of watching them stand up in the car as she pulls away. I was thinking of calling the cops to tell them to sit and watch for her so she will get busted.

Barbara said...

I thought about that too, Donna, but Kansas is a secondary state, meaning that they can only pull you over for something else to ticket you for lack of seat belt. So, she would have to be speeding or something for them to be able to pull her over. Also, they can only give you one ticket, no matter how many in your car are unbuckled. AND the fine is only $10!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's insane, Barb. In Illinois, there are commercials with a number to call if you see someone like that. Michele, Mark's mother, never buckled her kids in. It used to drive me nuts.

Barbara said...

I'm probably a little more insane about the kids wearing seatbelts but that's just the way that I am. It's so drilled into their heads that when Mike gets into the car and doesn't immediately buckle up, Hannah starts screaming at him to do so! LOL!

heathashli said...

I'd rat on them for the sake of the children.

Barbara said...

Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot they can do! :(