Wednesday, January 31, 2007

It's Snowing...Again

I'm so tired of the snow. It's been snowing for the past several hours. The salt truck just went down the street, so at least they're out taking care of it. The weather's been so cold that as soon as it began snowing, the accumulation on the streets started, so it actually looks like we have more on the street than we do in the grass. At least they say we're only going to get an inch or two. That's not much at all. I'm just glad I got all of the errands done yesterday...I put gas in the car and we have enough groceries for more than a week, so we only have to go out to do the school thing.

I've spent a fun (yeah, right) day cleaning, washing sheets and baking bread. The kids love it when I make challah. I'll cut a couple of pieces off for them so that they can shape their own and have it later for a snack. They get such a kick out of that.

Speaking of cooking, Jacob's class is working on a family unit. Jacob told me that he needed a "special family recipe" for his family book. He then asked me to copy my macaroni and cheese recipe. Of course, I forgot until he reminded me as we were walking out the door to go to school this morning. I quickly scribbled the recipe out and he was happy.

Jacob was all excited yesterday because Peyton Manning, his class fish, had babies Monday night. Jacob got to name one of the babies Raymundo. He thought that was funny.

Boy, my life's gotten pretty dull here lately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny about Peyton Manning and Raymundo. How exciting. How are the boys adjusting to their new school?