Friday, January 12, 2007

Daniel's Report Card

We got Daniel's report card today and it was actually better than I had expected it to be. They give 1, 2, 3 grades...1=Experiencing Difficulty, 2=Developing, 3=Proficient. He got a handfull of 1's (in the reading areas we had anticipated) and mostly 2's with some 3's. His strongest areas were math and science/social studies. He's doing quite well in those areas and I'm proud of him for that.

The best part of the report card is the teacher's comments:

Daniel has not been at M long enough for me to give a true assessment of Daniel. I based the 2nd quarter grades on what I have seen so far in my classroom. Hopefully, his weaknesses will improve once he makes a successful transition to our classroom. My goal is to get him as interested in English as he is in Japanese!
LOL!!!

No comments: