Monday, January 15, 2007

Cabin Fever

We've survived the "storm" (in quotes because it was nothing like they said it would be) and are going stir crazy. I left the house Saturday night to get ice cream but other than that, we've all been cooped up since Friday night. We got lots of sleet and some ice...very little snow. It was snowing earlier today but it has stopped now. The part that's awful is it's 14 degrees outside. Ugh. Not fun. I have done so much baking and cooking this weekend it's not even funny. I've made a challah, soup, rolls, carmel corn, a roast, and Italian beef. I'm looking forward to getting out of the house tomorrow when the boys go back to school.

We finally found our photo screens! Yay!!! I ordered them this morning and it said that they would be here in 10 days. Hooray!!! We got one that holds all 8x10's and one that holds an assortment. Mike didn't want to hang all of the pictures up on the wall and this was our compromise. It has been a nightmare trying to find these things, though. It should not have been this hard!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We got dusted last night. Right now, it's 9 degrees and I wanna go back to bed and turn up the electric blanket and just hibernate until spring.

Barbara said...

It's currently 1 degree with -8 wind chill. I haven't felt cold like this since Iowa!