Friday, December 08, 2006

Ummm...Okay

Before I went to pick up Daniel from school, I decided to check my voice mail from the school. It said that I had two new messages and one was marked as "urgent." The "urgent" one was from Daniel's teacher saying that she has a surgery scheduled for next Friday (it was originally a week from this coming Monday) and she won't be back. Following that message, there was one from the principal saying that after her surgery, she'll be going on long-term disability and then going into retirement and that they will begin the search for a new kindergarten teacher today. (I have to admit that I thought about going to talk to the principal...even though I don't have my Kansas license yet) Poor Daniel. This will be teacher number 3 for him this year. This came so out of the blue - this morning, Mrs. L and I were talking about how she was looking forward to our upcoming conference next week. Now that's up in the air too. At least this is happening to Daniel. He handles this kind of thing well. Jacob does not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's too bad. You liked her too, didn't you?

Barbara said...

I really did like her. We mentioned to Daniel that she was leaving and he was really upset.