Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Jacob's First Day

Jacob also made it through his first day of school. I arrived at the school a little later this time and I was regretting it. I waited in the car line for 20 minutes just to get up to the door to pick him up. He gets in the car and asks where I've been. Lesson learned...if the line's long when I get there, park and walk up to get him.

Jacob also had Spanish today...he wasn't as excited about it but I was encouraged by the little packet Mrs. Senora (I like that Daniel calls her that) sent home with him. He told me that it's harder here but I'm sure a good part of that is the fact that they are doing different stuff than they were in Virginia. His teacher did proclaim him a "very good" reader. Not a real surprise there.

I went to Dillon's today. Our first grocery run since we've been here. We had been running out to Walgreen's for this and that up until now. All you Illinois people will better know Dillon's as Kroger. I'm pretty sure that it's also the same as Food Lion in Virginia. I got my card today and they offer the 10 cents off per gallon of gas just like Martin's did in Virginia. No Easy Scan or Tree House but whatever. I still have yet to go to the Super Target (yay!!!)

I met several of the neighbors today...one has a daughter that's the same age as Hannah a daughter who's in Daniel's class. I also met another neighbor, Jackie and her kids. But the really funny thing was when we met our neighbors Cindy and Larry and their kids. LOL! I immediately thought of Cindy and Larry in Virginia. Too funny!

No comments: