Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Got Ice?

We do! They're saying that we're going to get 1/2-3/4 of an inch of ice before it starts snowing. The sleet/freezing rain started about 2 hours ago. Ugh. I was not prepared for this. Luckily, the streets look like they're just wet. It's been so warm for the last week or so that I think it's going to take a few more hours before it starts to get slick. Poor Abby's outside the door right now. I feel so bad for her.

The deck (Daniel thought it was snowing but it's ice)

My poor van!

I thought the double icicles on the deck was funny

7 comments:

Susan said...

We have many inches of snow on top of ice. Not a fun thing

Anonymous said...

Mom and I just went out. It's
still raining here...for now. We
get it tonight.

the Joneses said...

And just think what that ice would do to Virginia! No more freebie snow days for you!

-- SJ

Barbara said...

I was thinking about that tonight. The kids probably wouldn't have had school today because of the threat of ice and snow. They certainly wouldn't have school tomorrow. So far, they haven't closed the school for tomorrow and I doubt they will. They did dismiss 10 minutes early this afternoon which shocked me.

Anonymous said...

We were outside playing today in just our light jackets. OH Virginia - how I love you so - at least for this moment;)

Barbara said...

Now that's just mean, Michelle! LOL!

Anonymous said...

My van looks like that now. I'm starting to get icicles hanging off the garland I have on my railings. Uh oh. I hope Jeff doesn't have to visit Mom and Dad tonight.