Thursday, October 19, 2006

I HATE MOLD

I am getting so tired of all of this mold crap. The mold guys told me that we have a typical crawl space. They also said that they're not sure if they believe the airborne sample because if the levels of one mold were as high as it says, you'd smell it...from outside the crawl. Of course, I tried to call our relo lady and couldn't get hold of her...big surprise. In the three months we've been dealing with her, I've yet to actually get her on the phone when I've called. Not even on her cell phone. Whatever. The mold guys believe that they can fix the "problem" without having to do the full blown mold thing. They're going to e-mail me an estimate this afternoon. This whole thing literally has me sick. I literally feel like I'm going to throw up.

UPDATE
Okay, so I talked with another lady and she has made me feel a lot better. She did tell me that most major relo companies won't even have buyout as an option if there is mold found in the home. Anywhere. She told me that even with their relo company, their legal department is reviewing it for next year. Looks like we're getting out at a great time. Had we waited until January 1 to list the house, I don't think they would buy our house from us. I just want to get into our nice new house and be done with all of this.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Barb, start calling your relocation lady at around 9:45 at night. Or 6:45 in the morning. Those types of people learn really quick that you aren't kidding. Plus, if she has to have a state issued licesense of any kind, report her. You won't cost her her job, but it won't help her when she goes to renew.

Barbara said...

We've done that. Especially after she dumped the structural engineer's report on us at 5pm on a Friday. Nice.

Susan said...

You might wanna tell the people that Mike works for what's going on.

Barbara said...

That was what the update was all about. I talked with someone where Mike works.