Tuesday, October 24, 2006

How Many Customer Service Reps Does It Take To Book A Flight For 3 Animals? Revisited

Okay, now the answer apparently is five and a supervisor. These idiots have no clue what they are doing. I called the "airport authority" number and got right back to the customer service desk. Now, this yahoo is telling me we can't even bring the bunny on the plane - he has to ride in the cargo area. I have him checking on it right now. Of course, he didn't have any of the animals listed in the system...big shocker there. Great...now they're telling me that there's no room for the bunny. Seriously, do these people have any training whatsoever? I could do a better job than this.

HE HUNG UP ON ME!!!! I asked to talk to a supervisor and he HUNG UP ON ME!!!! BASTARD!

Calling back...waiting on hold for a supervisor. 13 minutes so far. She's back and not with a supervisor...back on hold. Ahh...a supervisor!

Now, we're on the phone with the supervisor and the travel lady where Mike works. We have to split up the flights. Figures. You can only take 2 animals with you at a time. So, Mike and Hannah will be taking the first flight with Guillermo and Oriana...Jacob, Daniel and I will be taking the second flight with Bumper.

This is unbelievable. 63 minutes on the phone...for this one call. All I can say is I'm glad that Mike does't work for them anymore!

8 comments:

Susan said...

The guy that hung up on you, did you get his information? Come on Barb, you should get free stuff for this!

Anonymous said...

Go Barb, free stuff!

Barbara said...

Mike was the one who got all of the names and ID numbers...they wouldn't give direct telephone numbers, though. I tell you what, I'm so pissed off at United. They actually told us to walk Oriana up to the ticket counter! Dulles regulations say that unless an animal is in a carrier or is a seeing-eye-dog, they cannot go past the main doors. They couldn't even tell us how to actaully board the pets!!! Idiots. Mike's going to ask the next time he goes through Dulles but still. It should not be this hard to get our animals booked on a flight.

Susan said...

have you thought about a different airline?

Barbara said...

We have to go United unless we want to foot the bill. They're paying so we don't have much of a choice.

Anonymous said...

Gee, and you guys wonder why I
don't fly anymore? I'm not about
to hold that level of piss off
for the time it takes to fly
somewhere. Hondas work for me.

Barbara said...

Here's the thing...I'm not moving three kids, a cat, a bunny and a 80 pound dog across the country in our little van. 1. It would take too long 2. I don't think we'd all fit. Plus, what would we do with the animals when we had to stop for the night?

Anyway, things should be cooled down enough by the time the flight actually rolls around.

Susan said...

Dad, you don't fly because you're afraid of flying. lol