Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Way Too Funny!

25 Days Unitl the Move
Word of the Day

zoomorphic \zoh-uh-MOR-fik\ adjective
*1 : having the form of an animal
2 : of, relating to, or being a deity conceived of in animal form or with animal attributes

Example sentence:
Sid's costume was going to be a pumpkin, but he changed it to a hippopatumus when he decided it looked more zoomorphic than vegetal.

___________________
I get the Chicago Tribune e-mailed to me daily. 90% of the time, I just delete it but today, I decided to open it. Inside, I found this article about Stephen Colbert. I love Stephen Colbert and the Colbert Report. He cracks me up. When they gave him his own show, I was worried that it wouldn't work but it has. One of the things he does is a segment called Better Know a District. It's a 434 part series (he deleted a district in California for not supporting Duke Cunningham) where he interviews the Congress person who represents that district...and makes them look like idiots unless they are willing to play along. Apparently, Republicans are getting scared to go on. According to the article, he really goes after you if you decide not to talk to him. Here's a quote from the article:

When Rep. Sue W. Kelly (R-N.Y.) declined to appear for the segment that aired Thursday night, Colbert invited her Democratic opponent, John Hall.

"I oppose everything that you stand for," Colbert said, "but you were willing to talk to me. So let's move your numbers right here. Let's smear your opponent."

Hall picked from a deck of "smear cards" fanned by Colbert.

"My opponent smokes marijuana," Hall said blankly.

"That's a bold accusation," the host responded. "It's out there now that Sue Kelly smokes pot."


Last night, he had me laughing so hard because he had Jane Fonda and Gloria Steinem on and they were making apple pie. It was hysterical. Sometimes he's a little hard to watch but he's always really funny.

2 comments:

Susan said...

He's great. I was sending him to Glenn, but I think Glenn thought it was real news, and never watched. How do explain how to pronounce Colbert Report, without saying it? LOL

Barbara said...

Coal-bear Ra-pore