Saturday, October 21, 2006

Happy Saturday!

28 Days Until the Move

Word of the Day

debouch \dih-BOUTCH\ verb
1 : to cause to emerge : discharge
*2 : to march out into open ground : emerge, issue
Example sentence:
At their commander's signal, the soldiers debouched from the jungle into the dangerous open terrain.

________
So, it's a lazy Saturday. No showings in sight...that makes me sad. Usually, if we're going to have a showing, it's on Saturday. Oh well. You'd think with the price adjustment (again) we'd have something. There are just no buyers out there. The fact that there are 14 houses in our subdivision alone up for sale doesn't help.

Mike arrived home from Kansas last night and we decided to go out for Mexican. There's a pretty good Mexican restaurant here in town that the kids really like. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but, the best Mexican restaurant we've ever been to is in Dubuque. It was called Los Aztecas and Mike could never get the name right so after a while, we'd just start making up names for it! Lots of good food for really cheap. That restaurant and Happy Joe's taco pizza are the only things I miss about Dubuque. It would be all about the food, right? LOL! Damn, now I want taco pizza. Nice. I know that Sue's going to say that I can get one elsewhere but I don't know what it was about theirs that was so good. So tasty. I guess I'll have to settle for the chicken breasts I'm defrosting for dinner.

I made a pumpkin roll last night. I couldn't keep Mike's hands out of it so he had a couple of slices before it was completely chilled. LOL! You know that something's going to be good when the filling's a package of cream cheese, 6 tablespoons of butter and a cup of powdered sugar. I also added a full cup of pumpkin instead of the 3/4 cup it called for. It's a little more moist than I think it's supposed to be but it's full of pumpkin goodness. I'm having fun making my pumpkin goodies. I need to work on the pumpkin pancakes, though. I don't think I put in enough pumpkin.

Daniel was pissed off at me for making him clean his room today. Seriously, all that entailed was making his bed. He threw a fit. He kept telling me that he didn't know how to fold his blankets. Are you kidding me? Hannah even made her bed and folded her three blankets and he's seriously going to tell me that he can't fold his? Lazy. That's what that is.

I got my MOMS newsletter today. It was strange to get one in the mail that didn't have me listed as secretary. I was surprised that she used the exact same format as I did but whatever. The calendar looked a little sparse to me this month, too. I guess that's just me trying to tell myself that I did a better job...lame and shallow? Of course! LOL!! Seriously, Mary Jo's going to do a fantastic job.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pumpkin stuff sounds yummy. I'm trying to be good though. I gained back all that weight I lost and so now I'm trying to do better. It's been a couple of weeks now and it's going ok.

We have a wonderful authentic Mexican restaurant here in town too. Yum. They also have yummy margaritas too.

Barbara said...

The pumpkin roll is yummy...Jacob ate about half of it.

Susan said...

Butch's pizza used to make a wonderful Taco pizza. They stopped making it, though. I've been unable to find a single place that makes a good one. Good luck on the search. Let me know how it comes out. lol

Barbara said...

Did someone say Margaritas?!? I'm so there! LOL!

The next time we're in IL, I may have to drive up to the Quad Cities and get a taco pizza. I'm trying to remember just where the Happy Joe's is across the border into Iowa...I'm hoping that it's not all the way to Makoquita (pronounced Ma-ko-ki-ta) which would pretty much be all the way to Dubuque. Might be worth the drive, though!

Susan said...

Barb, they're in Illinois and Missouri. They also ship all over the US.

Barbara said...

I saw that there's one in Galesburg! I may have to have one shipped, though! They're a lot cheaper to ship than Lou Malnatti's!