Friday, October 13, 2006

Hannah Update (and my neighbor's an idiot)

First...my neighbor forgot to pick his daughter up from the bus stop this afternoon...they won't just drop the kindergarteners off, someone actually has to be there...they won't even release kids to me without a note. We'd been home a few minutes (I even heard the bus go by the second time) when I saw him fly up the street. He sat at the top of the street...waiting...for 5 minutes before realizing he'd missed the bus. Have fun going to the school to pick up your kid...idiot.

I took Hannah to the doctor this morning (I know...finally) and she's got an ear infection and some asthma problems. Her oxygen levels are good (up to 98%) but they went ahead and gave her a treatment and added a new asthma medicine. She's now on Singulair once a day and Pulmicourt (I think that's right...it goes in the nebulizer) twice a day, at least until spring. One covers allergy asthma and the other's supposed to help when she gets a cold. Hopefully, she'll get better. We have to go back on Tuesday and if she's better, they'll give her the flu shot as well.

Now, I have to go pick everything up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barb, we have pulmicort. It is an inhaled steriod. It helps the swelling in the lungs. It really does help. When we went to the asthma doctor last year, she put it into Mary Rose's asthma plan. At the first sign of a cold, she was to take the pulmicort 2x a day for a couple of weeks. Thankfully, this year, she hasn't needed it. We've been using the herbs and she hasn't had as much trouble as the last couple of years.

Barbara said...

Hannah's doctor wants her to be on the Pulmicort until spring...just like the Singulair. Luckily, her oxygen levels are good...it's just a matter of keeping them there. Poor baby also gets her flu shot next week. At least it's just one shot this year instead of two. I'm so happy that we switched doctors...I can't imagine what would be going on if we still had our old one.