Friday, October 13, 2006

A Funny Thing Happened After We Came Home From The Pharmacy

So, I was all pissed off at Wal Mart for messing things up. I dropped Hannah's prescriptions off at 11am and was told it'll be two hours before we could pick it up. Whatever. We come home and I "fed" (in quotes because she didn't eat anything) Hannah lunch and picked up Daniel. I went back to Wal Mart and sped there so that we'd make it before the pharmacist took her lunch at 1:30. We get there with 10 minutes to spare.

I come home and go to give Hannah one of her medicines and it's a bottle of powder! Grrrr. So, I call Wal Mart and the phone at the pharmacy rings and rings and rings. 65 times. I counted. When someone finally picks up, here's what I get...

"Tony, she's on lunch right now. Can she call you back?"
I say, "excuses me?"
She says, "uh...ummm...hold please."

She never came back. I know because I kept holding while I used the other phone to call the store manager. I explained what was going on and she said she'd connect me with the pharmacist. Even she had to walk down to the pharmacy to talk to someone! The manager gets back on the phone and says that someone will answer this time. No such luck. She takes my name and number and says that the pharmacist will call me right back. I told her that I won't hold my breath and hang up.

2 minutes later, the pharmacist calls. She apologizes profusely and says that she'll do whatever she can to make it right. What's my address and she'll bring the medicine to me. After a few "no, you don't have to do that," I finally break down and give her the address. I then tell her my subdivision and she says, "I know where that is! I'm seeing a house there tomorrow." I said, "really? Maybe it's mine." She asks me what our house is going for and I tell her. She says "that's the house!" Seriously? Now I'm freaking out! She says that she'll be here as soon as she can.

I begin running around the house like a mad woman. Putting stuff away and cleaning. Not that the house was all that bad but it wasn't show ready (and it really wasn't when she came over either...but it was clean). She calls from the road and asks if there's a better way than I81 to come in. I give her the directions.

She pulls up and apologizes again. I gave her the generic bottle of powder and she hands me the name brand stuff! LOL! She even laughed about that. I asked her if she'd like a sneak peek at the house before tomorrow. She says sure.

I explained to her the neighborhood and how awesome it is and how occasionally you'll come home to find your yard mowed because James thought you looked like you were having a bad week and he wanted to do something nice. (It's happened) She seemed really happy with the house - she really liked the jetted tub in the master. She said that she'll be coming back with her realtor tomorrow and she's sorry again for the mix up.

I called up our realtor and told him the story. He laughed and said that he hoped that it'll bode well for us.

This whole thing was way too funny.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty good Barb. From
rage to sales. Funny how that
works.

(^_^)

Barbara said...

Well...we don't have a sale yet. I was just so pissed off at the Wal Mart pharmacy...it just proves again how small a world it is! LOL

Susan said...

Wal-marts pharmacy sucks. I haven't been to a Wal-mart yet that has a good one.

Barbara said...

I went there because it was so close to our pediatrician and I thought that I could get a nebulizer from the little store they have in there. I still believe that the best pharmacy is Walgreens but we don't have those here. When we move, I'm hoping that they have a Walgreens and that I can transfer her prescriptions there...otherwise, I'll be transferring her prescriptions to Target. I will not be getting them from WalMart again.

Anonymous said...

I like my CVS but it is probably because I know the pharmacist and a pharmacy tech there and they take care of me.

Barbara said...

CVS is okay...I've never really had a problem with them but they are inconvenient and out of the way. Mike says that there's a Walgreen's 1.9 miles from the house! Yay!